I've moved to katelynbrookeblog.com! Update your bookmarks and come on over!

6.20.2012

wedding outfit, 2012

We had one wedding on our calendar for 2012, and it just happened last weekend.  This means that I only had one "wedding outfit" to put together for the entire year.  This was it! (um, try to ignore how wrinkled the dress is in these pictures.)

In the interest of being "real" or whatever- I didn't actually wear this entire outfit to the wedding on Saturday because *wait for it* I am the worst about wearing heels.  I consider myself to have a pretty high pain tolerance and stuff, but when it comes to heels, I am a big giant baby.  I actually wore those heels to my graduation and decided that I was INSANE.  Then on the morning of, I decided to go with my pearls instead, because as you can tell in the bottom right photo, the necklace was just a little too long.  BUT I did wear that dress!

In case you were wondering, this ensemble is the epitome of low-low.  My dress is from a J. Crew factory sale.  It's actually the same style that my bridesmaids wore at my wedding, but was much cheaper.  I really like the dress, but it has some awkward stomach room when you sit down.

(now for the part that makes me gag a little bit)

Dress- J. Crew
Shoes- Steve Madden, from Marshalls
Necklace- Kohl's

How many weddings are on your calendar for 2012?  What did you wear?

©2012 Blog design by Katelyn Brooke Designs