I've moved to katelynbrookeblog.com! Update your bookmarks and come on over!

3.15.2012

My Favorite Salad

I know I've blogged salads to death over the last few months, but I thought this little guy deserved to be revisited.  As much as it hurts my little honey-mustard-loving heart to say it, I think this is my favorite salad ever.  I eat it a lot.  And considering how often I eat it, I thought I should look into it's nutritional value a little more, because at first glance it looks anything but light.


Here's the "recipe" with the nutritional info breakdown, complete with Weight Watchers, Points Plus:
  • Romaine lettuce, chopped (10 calories for a cup, which is an estimate, but it counts as no points on Weight Watchers!)
  • 1/4 cup corn (40 calories, 1 point)
  • 1/4 cup black beans (55 calories, 1 point)
  • 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (110 calories, 3 points)
  • 1/8 cup, or 2 tbsp, Hidden Valley Light Ranch dressing (80 calories, 2 points)
  • 3 tbsp french fried onions, I usually buy Great Value instead of French's (80 calories, 2 points)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Total: 375 calories, 9 points


I'll take it.  Again, and again, and again.  Seriously, go make this.

Also, I had an epiphany the other day, and I thought I would share it with you.  The secret to a good salad is patient tossing.  I know that sounds weird, but the difference between a salad that tastes like you made it versus a salad made by someone else is thorough tossing.  I use little motions for like a full 30 seconds to make sure the salad is tossed evenly.  Okay, I'm done being a freak now.  Continue with the rest of your day.

©2012 Blog design by Katelyn Brooke Designs