When I made my New Year's resolution to eat salad every weekday for the month of January, my goal was to become an expert salad eater. Make my own dressings, totally branch out... yeah. As you can see, that hasn't really happened. I have become really good at making salads that I love, it's just that they might not be wonderful for you and they're not all that adventurous.
These are my favorite dressings:
- Ken's Light Honey Mustard
- Hidden Valley Light Ranch
Here are the toppings that I have tried the last two weeks:
- Baked chicken (in BBQ sauce)
- Hardboiled eggs
- Cheddar cheese
- Black beans
- Corn
- Green pepper
- Cucumber
- Raw mushrooms
- Grape tomatoes
- Sliced almonds
- Croutons (3 different flavors!)
- Crispy onions (like French's)
I have to say that I really like eating salad more than I would have thought. Maybe the second half of January will bring a little more adventurous eating.
What are your favorite things to put on a salad?
Want to see all my food pictures in one place? Check out the food album on my Sketch and Wash page!
