I've moved to katelynbrookeblog.com! Update your bookmarks and come on over!

1.19.2012

fitness rut

My name is Kate, and I have completely fallen off of the fitness bandwagon.

In my defense, it's winter and I don't have access to a gym for the first time in my life.  Okay, we do have gyms here, but I don't want to pay the money to join one.  Definitely will at some point in my life, just not right now.

That leaves running or working out in our apartment.  I have two Jillian Michaels videos that I did pre-wedding, but I'm finding that once you've done them it's really hard to motivate yourself to do them again.  Plus, I hate Jillian.  That might be a little strong, but she gets on my nerves so much that I feel like my blood pressure is rising when I watch her. Ugh.

I really like to run, and I plan on running when it's warmer than 45 degrees.  However, the other night as we were going to sleep, Brian goes "Oh, by the way, I got this email that there has been a report that there is a man soliciting young women.  You know, like A BLOCK FROM OUR APARTMENT.  So maybe don't go running by yourself outside, mmmkay?" (mmkay may be part of my dramatic interpretation)

If you lived with me, you would probably know that I am a naturally paranoid person.  I scare really easily.  My college roommates can attest to this.  They liked to plant creepy things in my bathroom because I was the easiest to scare in our apartment.  Knowing that there is possibly a predator roaming where I roam is pretty much the number 1 thing that would deter me from running.

So here we are.  One of my New Year's resolutions was to work out 3 times each week.  So far I've only worked out twice both weeks.  My college self would be ashamed.  ASHAMED!!!  I have just totally gotten out of the habit.  I need to fall back in love with working out.



My latest hope comes from a post on Iowa Girl Eats about Body Rock.  At first glance I though it would be way too intense for me (it still could be, I haven't tried it.)  I don't want to look like a body builder.  But it looks like the workouts are short and it might give me something different to do.  Plus, the girl has a pretty awesome accent, which means I'm more likely to watch the videos (sorta joking.)

I'm hoping to try out the first workout today.  It looks pretty straight forward, but I'm sure it will be hard!  I'm so out of shape.

Do any of you have any at home workout recommendations?  I would LOVE to hear them!

©2012 Blog design by Katelyn Brooke Designs