I've moved to katelynbrookeblog.com! Update your bookmarks and come on over!

5.02.2012

Art to Inspiration: Howe

I've been participating in Art to Inspiration for a few months now, but this is the first time that I'm posting it on Stripes and Polka Dots!  The piece of art that we are responding to this month is called Echos of Fragrant Voices by the artist Jo Howe, and is in the top left corner of my collage.




I was really stuck on this one at first.  To get unstuck, I grabbed my camera and went on a little scavenger hunt around my parents' house.  I found old things and new things, like the new rug in my mom's office and the old family scrapbook and box of photographs that my grandmother loaned me.  Somehow it all seemed to tie together, but I'm having trouble coming up with the words to explain why.

I guess it all comes down to taking old things and looking at them in a new way.

You can find out more about how to join in the fun over on Chevrons and Eclairs!

©2012 Blog design by Katelyn Brooke Designs