I've moved to katelynbrookeblog.com! Update your bookmarks and come on over!

4.16.2012

Saturday in Richmond






My brother goes to school in Richmond, and yesterday I spent the day there exploring with him.  I freaking love Richmond.  I took a class that studied a site near Church Hill my last year of college, and I developed a big time appreciation for it some time over the course of that semester.  So the combination of the weather, hanging out with my bro, and exploring somewhere awesome amounted to a pretty wonderful day.

We started off our adventures with lunch at The Black Sheep, where we split this ginormous sandwich.  It was really good, and it was probably pretty funny to watch because we were sitting in the center of the restaurant making a total mess.  The sandwhich was falling and dripping all over the place, and we were picking it up and licking our fingers and being disgusting.  Mom would have been so proud.

After lunch we walked down Monument, where I had more than a little fun peeking into the backyards of all the gorgeous homes, and then we drove to the river and wandered across the bridge to Belle Isle.  The bridge was cool but I have to admit that it freaked me out a little bit, mostly when it was moving.

After that we walked to get coffee at this cute place on Broad Street, and then we collapsed at the house for the rest of the afternoon.  We were so beat!  My bro made us burgers and corn on the cob for dinner.  How cute is that?  It was delish.  Then I was on the road home!  It was such a fun visit.  As you can see, I lamely didn't take any pictures of us, but here's my bro and his GF when they visited a few weeks ago, and here are lots of pictures of us plus baby bro.

What were you up to this weekend?

©2012 Blog design by Katelyn Brooke Designs