I've moved to katelynbrookeblog.com! Update your bookmarks and come on over!

4.12.2012

Hashbrown Casserole


I thought I would share the dinner that I made on Easter with you guys today!  We had Picnic Basket Chicken, broccoli, and hashbrown casserole.  Hashbrown casserole is a childhood favorite of mine, and we always used to have it at family gatherings.  I made it for the first time last month at a family celebration, and when Easter rolled around I knew I wanted to make it again!

I think hashbrown casserole is best with ham or pork chops, but since we had a big bag of chicken we ate it with that instead, and it was still really good!  It pretty much goes with anything, and you could even eat it at brunch.  I was so excited the first time I ate at Cracker Barrel and realized that they made a hashbrown casserole type thing.  Hashbrown casserole is also really similar to Party Potatoes on Iowa Girl Eats!

Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
  • 32 oz. Ore Ida frozen hashbrowns
  • 6 oz. sour cream (I used light!)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I bought 10.5 oz can)
  • small diced onion
  • 2 cups cubed velveeta cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups corn flakes
  • 1/2 cup melted butter

Mix together all ingredients except for butter, corn flakes, and mozzarella cheese.  Spread in a 9 x 13 dish, and top with mozzarella cheese, and then the melted butter and cornflakes mixed together.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

©2012 Blog design by Katelyn Brooke Designs