Earlier this week, I went for my annual shopping trip for my dad's Father's Day card. I pretty much buy all my cards at Target, so that's where I headed. I use to go to Hallmark, but after a while I just felt like everyone was buying the same expensive cards over and over, so I switched to Target, which has a nice selection of really pretty cards.
Anyway, when you go to purchase a card for any occasion, you have an initial choice to make: funny or sincere. For my mom, I usually go the more serious route or at least with something pretty that isn't trying to be hilarious. For my dad though, I want something funny. Preferably laugh-out-loud funny. It's not any easy thing to find, because MOST of the cards are aimed at a specific stereotypical father, typically complete with a super lame sense of humor.
Here is a list of things my dad is not:
- a fisherman
- a beer drinker
- an avid golfer
- a yard enthusiast
- super political
- the corniest person on Earth
Happy Father's Day, Padre! You're the best!
